Client Rights & Responsibilities
- Clients have a right to receive treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- Clients have a right to choose their provider.
- Clients have a right to be informed and work with the coach on recommendations made. Clients have a right to choose what types of approaches that they would like to engage in and to cease engagement in any area of coaching at any time in the mindfulness based coaching process. Clients are however encouraged to discuss premature termination of coaching with their family, friends and other professionals.
- Clients’ life, recovery, relationship or career records, like their medical record, ultimately belongs to them though some material is maintained by the coach. Clients have the right to review and obtain a printed copy of whatever records exist.
- Clients have a right to bring forth disagreements related to the coaching process/experience and have a right to have such matters resolved in a timely manner.
- Clients are responsible for all fees due to me the coach at time services are rendered. If for any reason full fee due to me is not collected at time services are rendered, the coach reserves the right to bill for any charges remaining. Services may be suspended if a balance for a client’s account is present. Services will resume promptly when the account returns to a $0.00 balance.
Missed Appointment and Late Cancellation Policy
- Though we respect that we all experience times in which unforeseen circumstances occur that require making changes to appointments/missing an appointment, as a small business owner, to sustain my practice I must charge for late cancellations and missed appointments. The fee for late cancellations and missed appointments is $100.00.
- Cancellation of appointments that occur with less than 2 business days notice (for purposes of this policy business days are assumed to be M-F). Providing such notice allows me sufficient time to offer the appointment to another client.
- In recognition of unforeseen circumstances that any client might experience that may disrupt appointments, clients are afforded one missed appointment/late cancellation per year of treatment for which I will waive the above fee. Such waiver of fee may, at my discretion, be considered and extended beyond this one visit per year based upon review of the situation/reason for late cancellation. I encourage clients to discuss with me any situation that may result in their need to cancel an appointment with less than 2 business days notice so that we may work together to plan accordingly.
- This policy applies to all patients with exception of those clients receiving services under Compsych and First Choice Health EAP plans.
My clients’ privacy is of utmost concern and importance to me and therefore I adhere to current standards as outlined in the Federal guidelines as stated in the Health Information Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA). Put simply, this generally means for my clients that what is said in session stays in session except in the narrow circumstances described below.
- I will provide information about you to another person (such as another care provider) if you give me your written permission to do so.
- If in my professional opinion I believe you, as my client, are at imminent risk to the safety of yourself or others, I am required by law and professional code of ethics to take appropriate steps to ensure the safety of you as my client and the community. In such instances only those that need to be notified will be called upon to assist me in securing your safety and the well-being of the community at large.
- As a recovery coach and provider I am not a mandated reporter. This means that I am not required by law to report any suspected or known abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult. However, in such instances it is my duty to report such concerns to Child Protective Services (CPS) or Adult Protective Services (APS) or local law enforcement/911 if they occur.
- I am required to comply with any lawful court order for information.
- I sometimes consult with therapist or care providers to help me provide the best care for my clients. Client information is protected and confidentiality rules protecting your privacy bind anyone with whom I consult.
- Limits to privacy may exist when clients choose to exchange information or allow other parties to exchange information on their behalf through e-mail, fax, or cell phone based communication.
Mental Health Emergencies, After Hours, and Back-Up Coverage
There may be times it is clinically indicated that I may myself available to provide telephone based support to a client after hours or in case of emergency. In those circumstances I will discuss with clients how to reach me and the parameters in which I may be contacted after hours.
As a rule however, if clients need after hours or emergency mental health support, I recommend they use the emergency mental health resources noted on the resources page of this website.
If I am required to be out of the office and I am aware of clients needing support while I am out of the office, I will inform you of a clinician(s) that you may contact for such support. Support received from those providers may incur fees from back-up care providers at the rate charged by that specific provider.
By using, registering or placing an order on this website at , you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. Since this is a growing web site and because Internet technologies are constantly evolving, this Policy is subject to change at any time and any changes will be posted on this page.
This Policy works hand-in-hand with the Terms and Conditions of Use, found elsewhere on the web site.
For the purposes of the Data protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Company.
What personally identifiable information does the Company collect and how is it used?
When you visit, register or order products or services on you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email address, home or business address and other information. The Company will not collect personally identifiable information from users while they use the web site, unless they voluntarily provide it to us or authorise us to collect such information. Users may provide other information about themselves, in addition to the mandatory personal information (hereafter “Voluntary Information”).
The Company may use or disclose personally identifiable information to:
- Operate and manage the Company web site;
- Enable you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Provide products/services that have been requested by you;
- Respond to other inquires or requests by you.
- Provide you with information about specials, sales or new products or services that the Company will introduce in the future.
- It’s partners and/or vendors in order to fulfil orders from you.
In order to provide the best services, the Company may disclose your name on certain pages at . We may also disclose personally identifiable information in the establishment or exercise of legal rights or defences against legal claims, to comply with applicable laws or regulations, to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order or to investigate suspected fraud or a violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use. We will never sell user information to any 3rd-party not affiliated with the Company, without consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of the Company or the division responsible for such services provided.
The Company may also use such Voluntary Information for marketing its products and services to you unless you have ‘opted out’ of receiving such marketing information from us. User may ‘opt out’ by contacting customer service at .
The Company may, from time to time, send or post surveys or requests for your feedback in order to help us make our web site and services better. Any responses we receive from users will be used only to evaluate our web site and services and no personally identifiable information from respondents will be shared with any non-employees of Company, except that information provided in the Feedback/Comments areas.
The Company may, from time to time, send notices about special offers, promotions or contests. If you sign up to participate in any of these, we will collect your email address. If you are chosen for a promotion or as a winner in a contest, you give the Company permission to use your name, image and other information about you, for marketing purposes.
To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
What non-personally identifiable information does the company collect and how is it used?
The Company collects and tracks certain non-personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, IP numbers and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual.
The Company may use and disclose non-personally identifiable information for any number of reasons, including but not limited to, working with business partners and improving our web site and services
Does Work Mindfulness have a newsletter?
The Company regularly sends out a Newsletter via email (hereinafter “Newsletter”) to all Users (unless they have ‘opted-out’). In these Newsletters, we may inform you about new features from Work Mindfulness and about the upcoming week’s events or special promotions.
User may choose to unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by sending an email to Customer Service at .
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Where you have consented when providing us with your details, we may also allow other companies in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know at .
You agree that we may disclose your identity and contact details to (1) any third party who claims to us that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their rights of privacy, and (2) to other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Is my information private with company merchants and advertisers?
The only Voluntary Information that may be shared between Company and one of our partner web sites is that which pertains to information used in the furtherance of tracking an order and providing you with correct information regarding same.
Order information, including order numbers and amounts, may be available to the Company, affiliate merchants and 3rd-party affiliate program management companies, for accurate tracking purposes. The Company will not release this information to other parties unless you request it.
The Company provides banner and other advertising on its web site, from Google and other third parties, that may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons to collect information in the course of advertisements being served. If you are concerned about your privacy regarding these advertisements, please refer to Google’s (or other third party) privacy policies.
What about data security?
We employ security measures to protect, so far as reasonably possible, your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
The Company requires that our advertisers and partners ensure the security of the data that users provide to them, however, in the event of a breach of their security measures, you agree that the Company will not be liable for any losses or damages.
The Company limits access to personal information about users to employees, for whom we reasonably believe it is necessary, in order to provide products or services.
May I see the information the Company collects about me?
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at . We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, but we may at our discretion waive this charge.
Can I Opt-out?
The Company gives users the option to remove personally identifiable information from our list of active users.
You may also choose to opt-out of certain communications from the Company, such as our Newsletter.
If you want to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from us, send an email to Customer Service at . We will respond within 48 hours.
The Company is not responsible for removing personally identifiable information from the lists of any 3rd-party partner or advertiser who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this Policy.
Where is the web site located?
The Company web site is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside of the USA, by using the web site, you authorise the import of you information and its use, as specified in this Policy.
What is the minimum age to use this website?
Use of and products/services are intended for persons who are eighteen (18) years or older, or business entities.
If proof comes to the attention of the Company that an individual user is under the age of eighteen (18) years, and is accessing our services and/or products without the consent, approval or authorisation of their parents or legal guardian, the Company will immediately terminate such account.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Company.
The Company will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Company web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.
Where can I access this policy?
The Company never uses or installs spy ware on user computers, nor do we use spy ware to retrieve information from user computers.
Your California Privacy Rights
IF YOU ARE A USER IN CALIFORNIA, USA: The State of California, USA, has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer’s personal information (as defined by the “Act”) to any 3rd-party, for direct marketing purposes, to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that personal information. If you are a California resident you may request this information from Company by writing to:
Work Mindfulness, Coaching
1 Murray Ave
Port Washington, NY 11050
Attention: Keith Fiveson
Attn: California, USA Privacy Rights.
or by sending an e-mail, with “California, USA Privacy Rights” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Work Mindfulness is not obligated to respond to more than one such request from User per calendar year.
The section titles used in this Policy are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
The Company accepts PayPal
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to .