Keith W Fiveson
The Work Mindfulness Institute is on a mission to provide Mindfulness-Based Leadership Performance Coaching, Training, and Development to executives and leadership teams. Our Mindfulness-Based Interventions help strengthen resilience, engagement, and focus, for individuals, professionals, couples, and human beings that wish to live to their full potential and practice it.
I bring a lifetime of knowledge and experience to this profession. I have traveled extensively worldwide to 49 countries. I am an Interfaith MDiv, an integrative health and wellness coach, a certified professional life and recovery coach (CARC), a contemplative/yoga therapist, and a meditation teacher.
I am a two-time cancer survivor/thriver who has practiced mindfulness and meditation for over 25 years. I am living proof that the practice is integral to a health and wellness regime. In this age of increasing stress levels, we all need a way to cope with emotions and find balance in an unbalanced world.
I bring over 30 years of executive coaching experience to my practice. I am an alumnus of Price Waterhouse Coopers. As the founder of my global consulting firm, IT Enabled Services Alliance, Inc. I was able to make the world a better place to live in by applying the practice of mindfulness in all of my affairs.
My professional and corporate life at British Telecom, AT&T, and MCI Telecommunications helped me create communication solutions to connect people and organizations globally as an early internet and automation solutions pioneer. I am a U.S. Army Veteran who served proudly, receiving top-secret clearance with the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Activity (BMDCA). I am a Healthcare Ambassador for The Heroic Hearts Project and a student at the Integrative Psychiatry Institute.
Through life experience, I have learned how to apply an integrative approach to be more present in mind, body, spirit, nutrition, sleep, environment, and relationships with the breath and mindfulness.
My Mindfulness-Based Integrative Health & Wellness Journey
In 1992, my journey began with Master Mantak Chia, in the USA and Thailand, who focused on Taoist Esoteric Yoga, see Qi (energy). In 1995, I studied with Swami Satchidananda, and became an Integral Yoga teacher. My somatic education continued in Reflexology certification with Laura Norman, then a year later as a Thai Yoga therapist, getting certification in Thailand.
Before 9/11, I started my M.Div at The New Seminary with Dr. Joseph Gelberman who helped shape my Interfaith perspective. After my M.Div and ordination I counseled, consoled, and consecrated various rites and rituals, from many spiritual paths, with individuals, couples, and aging adults.
I have since been on a learning path and continue with my studies today. My mentor guides today are Dr. Robert Thurman, Dr. Joe Loizzo, Sharon Salzberg, Jon Kabbit-Zinn, Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Miles Neale, each of whom continues to influence my path and practice.
- Integrative Psychiatry Institute (PATP) – June 2023
- Contemplative Studies Program (2-year, Certificate Program)
- Kripalu, Center for Yoga & Health, Adjunct Faculty – RISE Program
- Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT)
- NYS Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- NYS Certified Addiction Recovery Coach, (CARC)
- Contemplative Psychotherapy (CPC) – Nalanda Institute
- Analyst for Emotional Intelligence (EI) – Yale
- M.Div.–Master’s Interfaith Studies, The New Seminary
- Reflexology Certification, The New York Open Center
- Yoga Teacher Training – Integral Yoga Institute (
- Taoist Esoteric Yoga, Healing Tao, Certifications – Mantak Chia
- Executive MBA/MIS – Fordham University
- B.S. Marketing/Communications – St. Peter’s University